FCI Officers Association

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FCI Officers Association

A forum of Officers of Food Corporation of India (Best viewed in Firefox)

2 posters

Seniority of Manager(Movt.)

smartab2000

Seniority of Manager(Movt.) Empty Seniority of Manager(Movt.)

Post by smartab2000 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Sir,

I have been recently recruited as MT(Movt.) for the East Zone along with 67 others for various other zones in what is the first batch. A second batch with probably 40 odd MTs too has begun induction training.

I was curious about the fact that given the limited number of posts at AGM (movt.) level how will our seniority be decided?
    Admin
    Admin

Seniority of Manager(Movt.) Empty Re: Seniority of Manager(Movt.)

Post by Admin Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Seniority would be finalised as per the standard formula provided in the Staff Regulation and in compliance with the formula given by the Supreme Court. The recruitment has been done zone-wise and the recruitees of each Zone constitute a distinct batch, whether they are in the first batch of training or second batch of training.

First, for each group of direct recruits from each Zone, seniority would be fixed in the order of merit, as per the recruitment result.

Then, for each Zone, the inter-se seniority between direct recruits and promotees would be fixed by applying the roaster point formula prescribed by the Supreme Court and the combined Zonal seniority list for the year would be drawn up.

Then, at All India level, the Zonal lists would be combined as per the provisions laid down in the Staff Regulations.

The All India combined seniority list would be used for determining the zone of consideration for promotion.

Promotion would be based on Seniority as per the all India seniority list, subject to fulfilment of benchmark criteria in Annual Confidential Reports.
    smartab2000

Post by smartab2000 Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 am

Sir,

Thanks for ur prompt reply. However can u please explain as to how exactly is the zonal list combined to arrive at the all India seniority list.

Kindly excuse me for my naivete
    smartab2000

Post by smartab2000 Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 am

Sir,

there are different version of the seniority procedure. kindly tell me as to who will be able to give the exact procedure that wud be used to prepare our seniority list.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 am

There is only one version, as detailed in post No. 2.
    Please go through the FCI Staff Regulations available in the FCI website for more understanding of the issue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 am